Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day

My Mother's Day story begins with wonderful children.  My youngest daughter greeted me with a hug and a cheerful, "Happy Mother's Day, Momma!"  She is a joy and super sweet.  My other daughter wanted to give me a gift.  "Close your eyes."
"Kaitlyn, I am eating yogurt."
"Close your eyes, Mom."
So, I closed my eyes.  She gave me a beautiful new red blender.  I can't wait to use it.  Her card was cute.  Something about because of me she didn't grow up to be an exotic dancer, but if she had she would have been able to buy a much nicer gift.
Then, the pig died.  A sad, sad day in the lives of us wannabe farmers. The pig had to be disposed of in the usual manner with a trip to the in-laws.  My husband took on this chore with a brave, but solemn face.  So, I went to church without him.  When I returned home, he had left on the kitchen counter a card and gift.  A new GPS, I was thrilled.  This started a conversation about who got the best gift to give me.  Kaitlyn was bragging, that she had purchased the best gift.  My son, Jack, was standing next to me listening.  He states, "Hey, Kaitlyn, watch this."  As he reaches his arms around me and gives me a hug and says, "Happy Mother's Day, Mom.  I love you."  Then he stood there and let me hug him back.
If you don't know Jack, well let me just say this was earth shaking.  A most wonderful gift.  Definitely the high point of my day.  Jack does not let people touch him and he most assuredly rarely gives hugs.  I was delighted to receive such a gift from him.
Then my husband's parents came for lunch.
And finally my first born child returned home from college in Texas.  A wonderful sight.
A wonderful day thanks to my family.  I am truly blessed by God.  It is for His glory and His alone.

1 comment:

  1. This is Kaitlyn she forgot to mention she wasn't very excited this morning when I gave the blender to her. And Dad definitely beat me with his GPS but it was knocked out of the running because mom isn't his mom

    ReplyDelete