Friday, October 29, 2010

Cowherd?

Yesterday about dusk my husband calls me.  He is out doing chores.  He says, "Go look out your front door you will see something interesting.  Nevermind the fact that I am in the middle of trying to get dinner ready.  We all, myself and the two children who are home, go stand on the front porch.  Fortunately, I grabbed my camera on the way out the door.
It was so funny.  Here comes my husband, walking along the fence row, and nine (all that we have) cows (well, technically they aren't all cows, but you know what I mean) following him in a line.  Totally cracked me up.  The picture is not very good because it was almost dark. 
He said, he walked back to the back of our property to count the cows and turned to head back to the barn.  He didn't say anything or have any feed.  As he was walking along the path, he hears the "pitter patter" of hooves.  When he turned around to look, there was the bull chasing after him with all of the others following.  Is there a such thing as a "cowherd" as opposed to a shepherd?  You know sheep follow their shepherd, now the cows are following their "cowherd"?  The joys of country life.  I am glad God has given me the opportunity to experience country living.
The cows followed me home!

No comments:

Post a Comment