Thursday, October 14, 2010

Fog and Earthquakes

Disclaimer:  This is not a scientific research paper, and in all likelihood contains no scientific facts.

Yesterday, Oklahoma had an earthquake.  5.1 on the Richter Scale.  Pretty exciting at least for us.  Not that I felt it or anything, but my husband and daughter did, so I can live vicariously through them I guess.
Buildings shook (vibrated really), some people close to the epicenter had windows broken.  I wish I had been outside at the time to watch the animals, but alas, I was cooking for 100+ people, but that is another blog.
This morning as I am taking the kids to school...
We notice the fog.  (I know you are wondering what this has to do with the earthquake.  You will see, keep reading)(Really, I just wanted to discuss the earthquake.  So cool!)  The fog is floating, as fog is want to do, but it is in an unusual place.  The fog is mid-air.  About the top of the trees is a layer of fog, crystal clear above and crystal clear below.  It looked kind of like a fog sandwich, with the fog as the meat. (Why is so much of my life and thought spent on food.) I point it out to my two darling children.  We discuss how it looks (mostly me, discussing).  I ask my highly intelligent (no, really) child why it is that way.  He shrugs.  I guess his brain has yet to awaken.  I pose a probable cause,  the fog is confused because the earth moved yesterday.  He says, "Mom, its fog.  Can it get confused?" He is probably thinking his mother is confused or insane.  Oh well, I delight in tormenting my children with my insanity.  It makes them think.   I tell him to ask for permission from his science teacher to research weird fog and let me know.  I pose another cause for the fog, maybe God is confused because He moved the earth yesterday, or maybe He just forgot where He put it.  My daughter says, "Mom, He is God, He can't be confused or forget."  I knew that, but she didn't know I knew.  "Ever so correct," I reply, "Your theology is impeccable."
The fog was very interesting.  I have never seen it do that before.  God is so amazing.  Never a dull moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment