Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Family: Jack


I thought since this is a blog about our "family" farm, I should tell you a little about our family.  I'd like to start with Jack.  However, it has to be a secret.  You see Jack does not want his name floating around the internet, which is not necessarily a bad thing.  Just weird.  Sort of.  Jack is my younger son.  I love Jack.  He is probably one of the more interesting people I know.  Either I don't get out much or he is really interesting.  Jack also doesn't want to have his picture taken, ever, by anyone.  So we have days appointed as picture taking days.  He still resists.  I know some things about Jack.  He is really funny.  To make it easier and more Jack like I will give them to you in a list.
1. man of few words, actually Jack doesn't say a whole lot.  Maybe that is why he is so interesting, when he does say something, you have not heard it before.  Unless of course you have asked him a question, then you get one of two answers:  "I don't know." or "I guess."
2.  Black and white kind of guy, he deals in facts, no gray areas here.
3.  SMART.  (Yes, I know it is all caps.  No, I didn't have the caps lock on.  No, I am not yelling.)  He is super smart.
4.  Jack looks like Michael Phelps.
5.  He has a British accent.  Why we don't know.  But we had to read in front of the church as a family around Christmas time, and one of the comments was:  "Wow!  He talks!  And he has a British accent."
6.  Witty.  Really he is super funny.  If you can get him to talk.
7.  He strives to live godly and be an example for others.
8.  He is almost always respectful of others.  There have been a few slip ups, and I can't make him sound like a saint for the sake of my other children.
9.  He is servant hearted.  He will do anything someone asks him to do at church, to be helpful.
10.  He has a math brain. Which he so totally did not get from his mother.  But that is okay.
11.  He will only play smartacle kind of games, like Chess, Wise and Otherwise, Trivia Pursuit.  No games of chance like Farkel.
12.  He is strong.
13.  Godly, or always working towards that.
14.  He does have a temper.
15.  He doesn't like potatoes, of any kind.
16.  He turns sixteen on the 18th of this month.
I love to be around Jack, he is so solid.  Like his dad.  This is how Jack has described himself, quiet, respectful, cunning, determined, and intelligent.
An example of Jack humor:  His older brother was going to take him Christmas shopping one night and told him to get ready.  Jack said, "But I went Christmas shopping last year."  He was totally serious. It was so funny.  He knew it was funny.  On the "farm"  Jack is the all around helper for Dad.  He helps build barns, mows, feeds the animals, and will soon learn how to break the ice on the pond.  He is so excited.  He helped build the hen house, learned to roof there.  He is also practice driving.  That is kind of scary sometimes.  He says I am tense.  He feels oppressed in the area of driving.  However, he does things like this, when caught straying to the wrong side of the road (fortunately we live in the country)  he says, "Sorry, I lost focus."  He lost focus and almost got me killed!  Well not really, because there weren't any other cars. He likes fettuccine alfredo.  He loves bacon.  He can help Molly with her homework.  I am thankful for Jack, and the way he makes me smile.  God has great and mighty plans for him.  Can't wait.
In honor of his 16th birthday... shhhhhh!

No comments:

Post a Comment