Monday, January 3, 2011

Too Many Chickens!

Too many chickens!  Too many eggs!  I think we have totally lost it.  I am tired of making chicken broth and canning it.  Making chicken soup and canning it.  All that chopping!  And bagging boiled chicken meat.  When you have 122 eggs in the frig and no end in sight, that is too many!  What on earth does one do with 122 eggs!?  We have so much chicken in the freezer, we won't need any for the rest of the year.  Or longer.  Never mind the turkeys.  Then one of my children says to their father, "Dad, are you getting more chickens?"  I wanted to throw something at them!  What were they thinking?  Seriously?  More chickens?  Although some cute little exotic Bantams would be fun.
The soup is yummy.  I have used a lot of the chicken broth.  And...
New Year's Eve we gave 18 eggs to some good friends.  Saturday morning, my husband always makes pancakes for the kids.  He got ready to make the pancakes, which requires eggs.  We had 1 egg!  Only one?  You have got to be kidding me.  Only one egg?!  What happened to them all?  Maybe we do need a few more chickens, just for fun.
The very small egg on top is a "No Cholesterol" egg, no yolk.
Oh, and if you need fresh eggs... you know who to call.

No comments:

Post a Comment